I recently wrote a blog post on my personal blog about the road to burnout. The signs, signals, and symptoms that burnout was around the corner were obvious:
- energy depletion
- mentally distant
- problems “getting the job done”
- sense of failure & self-doubt
- insomnia & chronic fatigue
- constantly falling ill
- emotional exhaustion
- anger issues, cynicism
- depression & anxiety
- forgetfulness & inability to concentrate
But I had ignored them, blaming them on my auto-immune disease (Celiac). I continued pushing myself. I blamed the chronic low-grade stress in my life on my illness. And I mistakenly thought that my problem was my mindset, time management, and the need to establish clearer priorities. Continue reading Burnout: discovering meaning, passion & purpose
In 2012 Grant Soosalu & Marvin Oka published mBraining: Using your multiple brains to do cool stuff. This book studies in depth the scientific knowledge that is finally catching up with esoteric and spiritual traditions (ancient wisdom) that are, in many cases, thousands of years old, introducing a new coaching style called mBIT: multiple Brain Integration Techniques.
This book and the techniques that they introduced answered a fundamental dilemma that most of us are faced with at one moment or another:
- Should I follow my heart?
- No, I should use my head.
- Perhaps I should trust my gut.
Which inner wisdom should you choose?
Continue reading mBraining: ancient wisdom or neuroscience?
As a life coach — well, okay… as an #mBIT coach with mBraining — you will hear me talk ad nauseum about your compassion, creativity, and courage.
I am forever asking questions, such as:
- How do you feel?
- What emotions arise for you in this area?
- How do you connect with your dreams & desires?
- When you are quiet and sitting in silence, what do you truly want?
- What do you really think about this?
- Can you imagine or visualize options & alternatives?
- Who are you – really, truly, deeply?
- And how is this reflected in what you do?
Continue reading mBraining – heart, head & gut