A friend recently commented, “You always impress with how smoothly you handle so many loads“. She then corrected herself, “I know they are joys”. And they are. My “so many loads” align with my values and priorities.
I love coaching clients and thrive on investing my time with other coaches and helping professionals in book clubs. Spending time with my daughter and ensuring I attend school and children’s events is essential. I carve out time for writing and creativity. And I make it a priority to continue learning and growing, surrounding myself with people that are also on a growth journey. Continue reading Juggle your joys: values and priorities, do what you love
The new year is approaching, and it’s time to look back and take stock of how far you’ve come, planning your goals for the future. Before you start your vision board or planning, here are 25 authentic questions to ask yourself:
Five authentic questions on vision and purpose:
- Have I clearly defined for myself my vision and purpose?
- Did I set clear goals for myself at the beginning of this year and make a plan for this year to fulfil these goals?
- Was I persistent in following my dreams through to completion?
- When my plans met with failure, did I regroup and adopt a new method to fulfil my vision and purpose?
- Did I use my vision and purpose to help me make effective decisions, aligning my decision-making with my priorities?
Continue reading 25 authentic questions to evaluate yourself this year
It’s one thing to have dreams and a vision for your life, but a more difficult objective is to prioritise those dreams daily so that you work towards achieving them. Life happens. You get swept up in all the busy-ness and suddenly find yourself off-track, wondering what happened to those plans you made. Keeping a focused vision on your dreams and goals and then executing them, requires more than just clarity of purpose.
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. (Theodore Roosevelt)
I am easily distracted by good ideas – shiny objects. But those good ideas take me off course from reaching for the stars. I chase after Good, forgetting I was aiming for Great.
Continue reading Focused vision: prioritising your dreams each day